Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The current on a section of a 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,
i have a problem with the calculation of current in one section of a 3D model (v.4.2).
My model is imported with LiveLinks SolidWorks.
I have a three-dimensional model on which inject current from two electrodes. I would like to calculate how to distribute the current in the model and, in particular, how much current is distributed over a section given.
How do I calculate it?
Thank you so much.

Chiara

2 Replies Last Post Apr 20, 2012, 2:57 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2012, 4:32 a.m. EDT
Hi

I believe you are looking after the integration of the current over a boundary (easiest adda Definition coiupling boundary integration, then add a Results Derived values and calualte the integral of the current density.

Or plot it directly versus time if you are in time solving
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you are looking after the integration of the current over a boundary (easiest adda Definition coiupling boundary integration, then add a Results Derived values and calualte the integral of the current density. Or plot it directly versus time if you are in time solving -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 2:57 p.m. EDT
Hi

I have a similar problem, I need to calculate the current through a 3D wire at different sections. I tried to calculate a surface integral of the current density from derivated values.

Now I need to create a plot showing the current values against a spatial parameter and I don't know how to define it.
The wire has a semicircular shape and I calculate the current on sections at 0°, 30°,60°,90°,120°,150° and 180°.
I would like to make a plot with current values on the y-axis and the corresponding degrees on the x-axis.

Could anyone help me?
Hi I have a similar problem, I need to calculate the current through a 3D wire at different sections. I tried to calculate a surface integral of the current density from derivated values. Now I need to create a plot showing the current values against a spatial parameter and I don't know how to define it. The wire has a semicircular shape and I calculate the current on sections at 0°, 30°,60°,90°,120°,150° and 180°. I would like to make a plot with current values on the y-axis and the corresponding degrees on the x-axis. Could anyone help me?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.