Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The velocity of gas and liquid in level set module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have a problem with the level set module in Fluid Flow (ver. 5.5).I want to see the velocity of oil and water after level set simulation water flooding, however, I only found the mixed speed variable(spf.U) in the result.

Thank you so much in advance. Wang

1 Reply Last Post Jun 28, 2020, 4:30 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 28, 2020, 4:30 p.m. EDT

Hello, Wang

I'm not sure that understand you correctly, but you have to define intial interface between water and oil. And after calculation you have the velocity field, which may be devided by the lines of corresponding levels. The value 0.5 of level is corresponding to actual interface, if I remember correctly. If not, tutorials of level set method approach and plotting instructions inside are very useful...

Hello, Wang I'm not sure that understand you correctly, but you have to define intial interface between water and oil. And after calculation you have the velocity field, which may be devided by the lines of corresponding levels. The value 0.5 of level is corresponding to actual interface, if I remember correctly. If not, tutorials of level set method approach and plotting instructions inside are very useful...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.