Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Units problem for multiple dependent variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

is a unit problem... I will give you a general picture, I hope you can help me

I have a coupled system of equations for charge and spin densities. Up to here everything is fine.
I solve it using the PDE coefficient form (a system of 4 equations, one for n and 3 for the spin)

Additionally I want to solve the charge current. In my case depends on n and S. then J(n,S)

The question is

How can I plot J with correct units?

What I'm doing is adding the charge current to my system of equations in the PDE coefficient form to solve all of them altogether; nevertheless, comsol 4.2a assign to all my variables the same units, I cannot choose a different unit to my last variables which are the components of the charge current.

Do you know how to define different units for each dependent variable...or give me another way of solving this?
I know that only with n and S as a system I can solve n and S, so I just need to put these solutions in the equation for J(n,S), how can I do it because adding them to the system of the PDE coefficient form destroy my units.

thanks for your help

1 Reply Last Post Apr 11, 2012, 12:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Ortiz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 11, 2012, 12:15 a.m. EDT
Dear Christian,

have you found out how to solve this problem? I am currently experiencing the same troubles.

Thanks,

Gautier
Dear Christian, have you found out how to solve this problem? I am currently experiencing the same troubles. Thanks, Gautier

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.