Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Structure Interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am trying to model a liquid being injected between 2 thin layers. I am unable to get the liquid to deform the 2 layers and push through to disperse, however.

I am currently getting the error : Inconsistent fluid boundary condition at the fluid-structure interface. The Fluid-Structure Interaction multiphysics coupling requires a Wall feature set at the fluid-structure interface and the Wall Movement Translational velocity set to Automatic from frame. - Node: Fluid-Structure Interaction 1 (fsi1)

Any advice on what I should change would be very much appreciated.

I am currently using the fsi model and have modeled my system as a union.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 12, 2020, 1:49 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 12, 2020, 1:49 a.m. EDT

UPDATE: I have adjsuted the fluid layer so that it is not blunt at the end at kind of more guided to push through the layers.

The error I get now is: Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged.

Also a clarification: The goal is to see how the injected fluid disperses through the 2 layers. It should not disperse very evenly and should cause the initial injection area to deform the most forming a little lump.

Thanks again for your time.

UPDATE: I have adjsuted the fluid layer so that it is not blunt at the end at kind of more guided to push through the layers. The error I get now is: Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged. Also a clarification: The goal is to see how the injected fluid disperses through the 2 layers. It should not disperse very evenly and should cause the initial injection area to deform the most forming a little lump. Thanks again for your time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.