Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffusion induced stress in 1D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys, I found the attached file in the application library regarding diffusion induced stress during cycling of Li-ion batteries. However, the chosen geometry is held in 1D, which seems not very realistic to me. I read the PDF tutorial attached to it, and it is not really specified, they're always referring to electrode particles though. So, the only explanation I have is, that they simplified a single particle with its diameter in order to minimize calculations. What do you think?

Best Simon

0 Replies Last Post Apr 6, 2020, 9:54 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simon Moser

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.