Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change the directory of COMSOL temporary file on the server

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOLers, I am running my COMSOL jobs on the University server. The server Admin. realized that COMSOL is dropping huge data into the server /tmp directory, causing the node to refuse taking on new jobs. I have come by this old COMSOL forum discussion https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/12209/change-the-directory-of-temporary-file which seems to be the solution. But actually, it was more confusing to me than a solution! So, my direct question, how can we change the directory of the saved temporary files on linux server.

Regards, Tamer

0 Replies Last Post Apr 5, 2020, 6:07 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tamer Tolba

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.