Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I extract the data from a defined variable?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So in my study i used parametric sweep and used this expression to calculate total deformation of the system: sum(withsol('sol2',dy,setind(t1,i),setval(t,1)),i,1,20) My problem is that i cannot find a method to tabulate the values, I can plot them and they look great. But i need these values in an excel sheet or something. Help please.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 6, 2020, 7:36 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 2, 2020, 11:20 a.m. EDT

Aziz,

you can make tables in Comsol with 'Derived Values' and copy and paste them into external software. Or you use 'Export' options to generate table files directly.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Aziz, you can make tables in Comsol with 'Derived Values' and copy and paste them into external software. Or you use 'Export' options to generate table files directly. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 6, 2020, 7:36 a.m. EDT

Thank you Edgar I didnt realized i can use the "Export" Option to tabulate plots. That solved my problem.

Thank you Edgar I didnt realized i can use the "Export" Option to tabulate plots. That solved my problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.