Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"An Unexpected Error Has Occurred"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been trying to downlad COMSOL 5.5 to my 64 bit Windows PC. While I seem to download the program without any issues, every attempt to open it results in an message stating "An unexpected error has occured". This is the resulting error log:

2020-03-22T12:37:33.410-04:00 Using locale: en_US 2020-03-22T12:37:33.560-04:00 Could not load file or assembly 'cstextrenderer_wpf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. 2020-03-22T12:37:33.584-04:00 at ComsolDesktop.TextRenderer.CsTextRenderer.Init(String distrDir) at ComsolDesktop.DesktopApplication..ctor() at ComsolDesktop.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

0 Replies Last Post Mar 22, 2020, 12:47 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sophia Sola

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.