Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL embedded in solidworks

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI,

recently, my Solidworks2012 was installed. COMSOL has a livelink with it.

a good feature is could embedded COMSOL in the solidworks interface.

for my situation is, COMSOL could import 3D model from solidworks, but cannot embeded it inside solidworks.

the instruciton shows open the COMSOL tab in the commond manager, but I didn't see it at all.

the livelink add-in was actived in solidworks.

is there anyone could help me ?
thanks

--
learn COMSOL, like COMSOL

4 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2012, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 31, 2011, 2:21 a.m. EST
Hi

for me I embed the Solidworks access into COMSOL and not the inverse, particuarly useful when you define parametric geometries with variables/equations in solidworks, and drive the variables from COMSOL (but from the COMSOL gui)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me I embed the Solidworks access into COMSOL and not the inverse, particuarly useful when you define parametric geometries with variables/equations in solidworks, and drive the variables from COMSOL (but from the COMSOL gui) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 1, 2012, 5:44 a.m. EST
well, thanks for the reply Ivar,

Here is one quote from the COMSOL help doc
"LiveLink for SolidWorks enables modeling inside SolidWorks by embedding the COMSOL Desktop into the SolidWorks user interface."
and also it gives a screenshot of it, it look fine.
could please check it in the PDF help file?
LiveLink™ for SolidWorks® > Functionality > Modeling with the Embedded COMSOL Modeling Environment

thanks and Happy New year!

Hi

for me I embed the Solidworks access into COMSOL and not the inverse, particuarly useful when you define parametric geometries with variables/equations in solidworks, and drive the variables from COMSOL (but from the COMSOL gui)

--
Good luck
Ivar

--
learn COMSOL, like COMSOL
well, thanks for the reply Ivar, Here is one quote from the COMSOL help doc "LiveLink for SolidWorks enables modeling inside SolidWorks by embedding the COMSOL Desktop into the SolidWorks user interface." and also it gives a screenshot of it, it look fine. could please check it in the PDF help file? LiveLink™ for SolidWorks® > Functionality > Modeling with the Embedded COMSOL Modeling Environment thanks and Happy New year! [QUOTE] Hi for me I embed the Solidworks access into COMSOL and not the inverse, particuarly useful when you define parametric geometries with variables/equations in solidworks, and drive the variables from COMSOL (but from the COMSOL gui) -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] -- learn COMSOL, like COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2012, 11:48 p.m. EDT
I can not ssee the COMSOL 4.2a tab inside SW2012 even with update2. Have some thing wrong, a SW update etc? What is happens?
I can not ssee the COMSOL 4.2a tab inside SW2012 even with update2. Have some thing wrong, a SW update etc? What is happens?

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 18, 2012, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Go to Add-ins in your tools bar, you will find a Tick " comsol" in it. Then comsol will appear.
Go to Add-ins in your tools bar, you will find a Tick " comsol" in it. Then comsol will appear.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.