Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multiple particle size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I would like to relase from the inlet multiple particle size. Exemple : 10% of particles have 10e-6m, 10% have 20% as size ... 10% have 100e-6m as size.

Is it possible to do this with comsol?

1 Reply Last Post Apr 2, 2020, 1:34 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oussamane Mebarako

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 2, 2020, 1:34 p.m. EDT

I'm not sure how to add a specific, discrete size distribution on COMSOL, but you can always have 2, 3, 4 or how many partucles "types" you need coming from the same inlet and set it like. Particle A is released every 0.1 s and Particle B is released every 0.2 s.

This way, for every 0.2 s, you might have 2 particle A for each particle B.

I hope this helps somehow

I'm not sure how to add a specific, discrete size distribution on COMSOL, but you can always have 2, 3, 4 or how many partucles "types" you need coming from the same inlet and set it like. Particle A is released every 0.1 s and Particle B is released every 0.2 s. This way, for every 0.2 s, you might have 2 particle A for each particle B. I hope this helps somehow

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.