Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

material not responding

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to modeling a crack in a plate and the crack can have different length (x direction), width (y direction), depth(z direction). To make the model universal I utilize a lot of small domains, so I can get cracks with different shape by one model (I just need to set these domains with different material parameters). However it does not respond me when I click the button of 'material' after the basic geometric model is made. It seems that the size of domain of crack is too small compared with the size of plate. But that is the problem. I can not change the size of doamin of crack since I want to get cracks with different shape by one model.

Could anyone help me? I will appreciate your kind help.

Sorry but I can not upload my model because of some error.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 8, 2011, 9:08 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2011, 9:08 p.m. EST
Hi,

Is there anyone can help me about that problem? I am eager for the solution.

Thanks advance!
Hi, Is there anyone can help me about that problem? I am eager for the solution. Thanks advance!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.