Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple question regarding parametric sweep of eigenfrequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have been an avoid reader of the forum for a while now, and have done my best to find the answer to my question, but I am still getting confused.

My model is very simple. A 2D disc with fixed boundary condition around the perimeter, static, eigenfrequency analysis.

I define a global parameter for the Youngs Mod, E.

I then create a parametric sweep with E as the variable. With values for (10,10,100) in the parameter range box.

The model runs fine and I get the eigenfrequency results for each of the ten models. I am able to go through each result and get the first 6 frequencies, but I would like to get the sweep function to probe the first 6 frequencies and output a CSV file (or similar).

I have been through the rotating blade example, and a few others but am still not sure how to do it.

If anyone would be kind enough to answer, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Rob

3 Replies Last Post Jun 17, 2016, 12:21 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 18, 2011, 5:54 a.m. EDT
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? I think this should be relatively simple?

That is unless I have made an error.

I have been trying to retry the exercises and scour the internet and am still not having much luck.

Am I tight in thinking that I need to define the first, second, third etc eigenfrequencies as parameters?

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks for reading.

Rob
Hi everyone, Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? I think this should be relatively simple? That is unless I have made an error. I have been trying to retry the exercises and scour the internet and am still not having much luck. Am I tight in thinking that I need to define the first, second, third etc eigenfrequencies as parameters? I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks for reading. Rob

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 20, 2011, 5:52 a.m. EDT
Figured it out...

Set up a parametric sweep.

Once it runs, go to DERIVED VALUES, then GLOBAL EVALUATION

Choose the data you need and then it will create a table for you.

Thanks for the help

Rob
Figured it out... Set up a parametric sweep. Once it runs, go to DERIVED VALUES, then GLOBAL EVALUATION Choose the data you need and then it will create a table for you. Thanks for the help Rob

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 17, 2016, 12:21 p.m. EDT
Thank you for finding that and posting it.
You answered one of my questions.
Thank you for finding that and posting it. You answered one of my questions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.