Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

average tumor temperature for 3D simulation

Ravi Kumar Kannadorai

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modelling a 2D axisymmetric model (heat conduction, transient) with a tumor embedded in a tissue in comsol 3.5a.
For finding the average tumor temperature i used the formula average tumor temperature = 2*pi*r*T/(4/3*pi*0.005^3) in integrating coupling variables->subdomain variables section by selecting the tumor domain.
After running the program I go to global variables plot and plot average tumor temperature vs time, I get the desired result.
But when I do a 3D simulation using the same formula for calculating average tumor temperature and repeat the same steps i get an error message saying not a valid expression.
I know that the mistake is in the formula I am using bot not sure how to calculate the average tumor temperature in 3D simulation.
Can you somebody please help me out with this.
I have attached the picture of my 3D module.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Best Regards
Ravi

2 Replies Last Post Nov 21, 2011, 5:20 a.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2011, 12:58 p.m. EDT
The formula you specified is for axisymmetric volume integration. In 3D you should remove the 2*pi*r term. The reason you get an error is that “r” is not defined in a 3D analysis.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
The formula you specified is for axisymmetric volume integration. In 3D you should remove the 2*pi*r term. The reason you get an error is that “r” is not defined in a 3D analysis. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Ravi Kumar Kannadorai

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 21, 2011, 5:20 a.m. EST
Thanks for the reply, Nagi. I figured out that issue and the model is working fine now.
Thanks for the reply, Nagi. I figured out that issue and the model is working fine now.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.