Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current Source Question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all, I'm trying to apply a current through 3 electrodes to my geometry, it works fine with ac sources, however when I try to change the current source to Pulse it crashes and gives the following error: Undefined variable. - Variable: t - Global scope Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: if - Global scope Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: if(t<comp1.cir.I1.td,0,comp1.cir.pulse((t-comp1.cir.I1.td)/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.tr/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.tf/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.pw/comp1.cir.I1.Tper)) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cir.I1_isrc - Defined as: (if(t<comp1.cir.I1.td,0,comp1.cir.pulse((t-comp1.cir.I1.td)/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.tr/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.tf/comp1.cir.I1.Tper,comp1.cir.I1.pw/comp1.cir.I1.Tper))comp1.cir.I1.value)+comp1.cir.I1.offset Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cir.I1_i - Defined as: comp1.cir.I1_isrc Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cir.gnd1_p_i - Defined as: comp1.cir.I1_i Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cir.I1_p_i - Defined as: comp1.cir.gnd1_p_i Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cir.termI1_i - Defined as: -comp1.cir.I1_p_i Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.ec.I0_1 - Defined as: comp1.cir.termI1_i Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(comp1.ec.I0_1test(comp1.ec.term1.V0_ode),{test@1}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: comp1.ec.I0_1*test(comp1.ec.term1.V0_ode)

0 Replies Last Post Mar 24, 2019, 7:47 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zahra Khalilzad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.