Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: Failed to generate mesh for domain, Intersecting face elements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am attempting to simulate the electric field of an imported CAD geometry (attached below) that includes a wire readout plane. My naive approach of generating a physics-defined mesh yields a long list of errors, due to supposed intersecting face elements and faces/edges that are shorter than the specified minimum element size. Most of the issues seem to occur where the small wires are attached to the board.

After going through some of the blogs and tutorials, I have made some attempts to separate the edges (using the Edge operation) and define an "Extremely fine" mesh for the wires, but I still run into the same issues down the road when I mesh the "Remaining" domains.

Could anybody please give a recipe for how to best tackle these issues? Is this better solved at the level of the CAD file or can I work within COMSOL?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer, Michael

0 Replies Last Post Mar 20, 2019, 1:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Leyton

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.