Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

implementing reduced pressure in the modeling of the natural heating/non-isothermal flow

Ghodsiehsadat Jahanmir

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

does anyone know how to implement something similar to " reduced pressure option available in comsol 5.2a or later" in older versions in the modeling of a non-isothermal flow with natural convection?

I am modeling a laminar flow with heat transfer and when I apply the gravity as a volume force, the pressure profile and velocity field get wrong compared to the situations without gravity force. it seems that the solver does not pay attention to my assigned outlet pressures in the boundary.I believe that I need to correct the pressure not to consider the hydrostatic pressure but I dont know how to do that in the version 5.2 of comsol.

thanks in advance, Jahanmir

0 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2019, 7:49 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ghodsiehsadat Jahanmir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.