Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constraint: Integral of Current Density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I'm trying to solve a 2D simulation where I'm interested in the induced currents in a certain domain.

However, in 2D, due to the asymmetry of the problem, the induced currents in the material are not symmetric, i.e., they do not appear symmetrically on the domain (equal in both its limiting boundaries), although they should.

I can solve this problem using Magnetic FIeld Formulation (MFH) using a Global Constraint and an Integral (Component Coupling) on the domain in question, by putting the following expression on the global constraint:

intop1(mfh.Jz)

which implicitly equals the expression to zero. This is the case I'm interested in.

However, when using the Magnetic Fields (MF) interface, the same approach ( now using intop1(mf.Jz) ) does not work, as the Global Constraint is not enforced somehow.

I need to use the MF interface in a subsequent analysis with Moving Mesh (ALE), which does not work with MFH interface, hence the question.

I've tried dividing the domain in two and model it as a single conductor coil in short circuit (V=0), which is conceptually the case, but without success.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2019, 11:33 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gustavo Leal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.