Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Infinite Domain (Half-Space) and Anisotropic Conductive Sheet (Electromagnetic Frequency Domain)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to study a scenario of infinite domain half-space that is separated by infinite anisotropic conductive sheet. The excitation is coming from a dipole. My problem is in defining the anisotropic conductive sheet. Can you suggest what is the best method for implmenting this?

A picture is available in this link image

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post Jan 29, 2019, 5:30 a.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 21, 2019, 1:56 p.m. EST

I'm trying to understand the image you posted. It seems that your anisotropic conductive sheet is in the XY plane, but that you want it to be conductive in (only?) the Z direction. Is that what you meant? Or might you actually be interested in modeling something like a polarizing material that is conducting (for example) in only the X direction? You mentioned including a dipole excitation. What is the orientation of your dipole?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I'm trying to understand the image you posted. It seems that your anisotropic conductive sheet is in the XY plane, but that you want it to be conductive in (only?) the Z direction. Is that what you meant? Or might you actually be interested in modeling something like a polarizing material that is conducting (for example) in only the X direction? You mentioned including a dipole excitation. What is the orientation of your dipole?

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 29, 2019, 5:21 a.m. EST

Dear Robert,

The conductive sheet is in the x-y plane. The dipole excitation is z-directed and placed above the sheet. The media above and below the sheet are free-space. The structure extends to infinity in all directions. I am having difficutly in modeling the anisotropic sheet electrical conductivity which is described as a complex tensor. I intend to use frequency domain solution at a single frequnecy.

Thanks

Dear Robert, The conductive sheet is in the x-y plane. The dipole excitation is z-directed and placed above the sheet. The media above and below the sheet are free-space. The structure extends to infinity in all directions. I am having difficutly in modeling the anisotropic sheet electrical conductivity which is described as a complex tensor. I intend to use frequency domain solution at a single frequnecy. Thanks

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 29, 2019, 5:30 a.m. EST

I am attaching a sample file for my trial

I am attaching a sample file for my trial

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.