Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question about Nernst-Planck Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm a new user for Comsol 4.2. When I applying the Nernst-Planck model form my work, I added 5 species, c1,c2,c3,c4,c5 which zc1=+1, zc2=-1, zc3=-3, zc4=+1, zc5=+1 and set the 'from electroneutrality' option to zc3.

My question is: which species' concentration is showing by the resulting chnp plot? Is there any way I can show the whole concentration (c1+c2+c3+c4+c5) in one plot?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Apr 16, 2013, 12:44 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ran An

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 16, 2013, 12:44 p.m. EDT
Hi,I am also trying hard to figure out how to use the Nernst-Planck module. I have no idea what how to define the electroneutrality.Do you mind sharing some reference papers or files with me ,that will be of great help.
Hi,I am also trying hard to figure out how to use the Nernst-Planck module. I have no idea what how to define the electroneutrality.Do you mind sharing some reference papers or files with me ,that will be of great help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.