Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with parameter sweep (Comsol4.2)..‏

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a wierd problem with paramteric sweep. I have a linear elastic, structural mechanics , stationary problem and I want to vary the young's modulus to see the effects.

When I put the more than 2 values in the parametric sweep, Comsol gives me an error, saying:

Failed to find a solution for all parameters,
even when using the minimum parameter step.
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution is not converged.

However, the wierd part is when I ran the values separately, manually on Comsol, OR when I put <= 2 values in the parametric sweep, it gives nice converging solutions...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Thuan Beng.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thuan Beng Saw

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2011, 6:47 a.m. EDT
I have the same problem with RF module. if someone knows the reason of this error or solved the problem already, it would be nice to share it here. (Tuan, did you solve this problem?)

Thanks

H.A.
I have the same problem with RF module. if someone knows the reason of this error or solved the problem already, it would be nice to share it here. (Tuan, did you solve this problem?) Thanks H.A.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2012, 9:42 a.m. EDT
I have the same problem for my axisymetric SOFC model.
I have the same problem for my axisymetric SOFC model.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 a.m. EDT
Hello, all,

Could any of you send a very simple example (better 2D) giving that error?

Jesus
Hello, all, Could any of you send a very simple example (better 2D) giving that error? Jesus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.