Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coefficient form PDE, Zero Flux BC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Can I ask if there is any way in Coefficient Form PDE, to cancel zero flux BC and apply Periodic Boundary Condition?

My file is attached. I really urgently need someone to help me out with this.

Thanks in advance,
Kartiek

3 Replies Last Post Jul 31, 2015, 10:11 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 16, 2011, 9:55 p.m. EDT
Is there really no way to apply the periodic boundary conditions without having the zero flux BC ?

At least, in the RF module applying Periodic Boundary Conditions overrides the other BC on that boundary. But not so in the PDE interface modes. Can this be corrected for?

Kartiek.
Is there really no way to apply the periodic boundary conditions without having the zero flux BC ? At least, in the RF module applying Periodic Boundary Conditions overrides the other BC on that boundary. But not so in the PDE interface modes. Can this be corrected for? Kartiek.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 10, 2013, 6:52 a.m. EST

Hi Kartiek,

I also confronted with the same problem as you did. When using the periodic condition in the Weak form PDE Module, I found the zero flux setting is defined by default, and cannot be cancelled when setting the periodic boundary condition.

I want to ask that whether you have solved such a problem.

Many thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Jia

Hi Kartiek, I also confronted with the same problem as you did. When using the periodic condition in the Weak form PDE Module, I found the zero flux setting is defined by default, and cannot be cancelled when setting the periodic boundary condition. I want to ask that whether you have solved such a problem. Many thanks for your reply. Best regards, Jia

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 31, 2015, 10:11 a.m. EDT
Hi jia

Have you solved the problem of zero flux BC?
I recently counter the same problem using weak form pde.
Please let me know if you've solved it

Best,

Wenlong
Hi jia Have you solved the problem of zero flux BC? I recently counter the same problem using weak form pde. Please let me know if you've solved it Best, Wenlong

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.