Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat modul

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a new user (first day with COMSOL).

I want to use the heat transfer modul to simulate a cube heated by the sun.

How could I simulate the solar flux profile as a semi-sinusoid heating only one cube's surface? (I thought I should introduce it in general inward heat flux but there I can only introduce q0 as a constant).

I attach the file.

Thank you very much,

Oscar

2 Replies Last Post Nov 9, 2011, 3:32 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oscar Torroba

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2011, 9:59 a.m. EST
I'm a new user to COMSOL and I'm trying to simulate the solar heating on one face of a cube as well. I wanted to see if you got any good results? and how did you go about it? Thanks
I'm a new user to COMSOL and I'm trying to simulate the solar heating on one face of a cube as well. I wanted to see if you got any good results? and how did you go about it? Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2011, 3:32 a.m. EST
If you have already the heat profile respect to time. You can use "interpolation" option in the "global definition" and put it on the Boundary conditions as you want.

For example: in the interpolation option you import a file of heat flux or just fill manually your table with a name "semi_inward_heat". So at the boudary condition, select "inward heat flux" mode and type "semi_inward_heat(t)".

Hope this helps you

Best regards,

Dinh An
If you have already the heat profile respect to time. You can use "interpolation" option in the "global definition" and put it on the Boundary conditions as you want. For example: in the interpolation option you import a file of heat flux or just fill manually your table with a name "semi_inward_heat". So at the boudary condition, select "inward heat flux" mode and type "semi_inward_heat(t)". Hope this helps you Best regards, Dinh An

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.