Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is possible to simulated the arc discharge temperature?

Juan Andrés Alfaro Barrantes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I want to know if there is possible to simulate an arc discharge on air? I'm interested only in the temperature generated.Thanks

5 Replies Last Post May 23, 2015, 9:33 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2011, 12:45 a.m. EDT
Hi

I understand that as part of the "plasma" module, so in plain COMSOL you must add the equations yourself

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I understand that as part of the "plasma" module, so in plain COMSOL you must add the equations yourself -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2012, 4:00 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I'm new here and I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please tel me which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh

regards,
Hi, I'm new here and I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please tel me which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh regards,

Posted: 1 decade ago May 28, 2012, 3:09 p.m. EDT
Hello,
It could possible to simulate Arc-discharge with "Surface Chemistry" for two electrodes (-1bar to 1bar)?
Hello, It could possible to simulate Arc-discharge with "Surface Chemistry" for two electrodes (-1bar to 1bar)?

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 24, 2013, 4:57 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh

regards,
Song
Hi, I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh regards, Song

Posted: 9 years ago May 23, 2015, 9:33 a.m. EDT

Hi,

I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh

regards,
Song

Song , Hello ;

I am also doing the same thing now , can you please contact me if you already done it ?

Regards ;
[QUOTE] Hi, I want to model the arc between two metal contacts when they are opening and your answer was interesting for me. could you please sell your model to me and tell to which equation I have to inter and how can I insert moving mesh regards, Song [/QUOTE] Song , Hello ; I am also doing the same thing now , can you please contact me if you already done it ? Regards ;

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.