Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Apply force physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
I have been simulating pillar cantilever made with aluminum-silicon dioxide-silicon and have some questions as follow:

1. I want to set coupling capacitor force equation at the capacitor that is induced by between aluminum and silicon since silicon dioxide is placed between them. Where can I apply coupling capacitor force equation on my model?

2. I converted my model as MATLAB file, but there is not any equation related with physics. I want to see physics equation and change it to new physics. Where can I see physics equation in either MATLAB or COMSOL?

Please let me know. Your help will be very helpful to process my project.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 8, 2011, 5:28 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 8, 2011, 5:28 a.m. EDT
Hi

the physic equations are given in v3.5 and are back in the latest patch of 4.1, definitively in 4.2, but only in the COMOL GUI (not in Matlab)

if you apply a force density onto your structure, applying it to the outer or inner oxide surface is not really going to change a lot, or ? But applying a force only on an internal boundar could be slightly more tricky in Comsol, to respect the "continuity"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the physic equations are given in v3.5 and are back in the latest patch of 4.1, definitively in 4.2, but only in the COMOL GUI (not in Matlab) if you apply a force density onto your structure, applying it to the outer or inner oxide surface is not really going to change a lot, or ? But applying a force only on an internal boundar could be slightly more tricky in Comsol, to respect the "continuity" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.