Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 6250

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can I know what is this error?
Thanks
Ramadas

7 Replies Last Post Jul 1, 2011, 3:28 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 27, 2009, 7:31 a.m. EST
Hi Ramadas,
6250 = Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
This usually means that you have an unknown funcion or expression in some of your material parameters or boundary conditions. If you click "Show details" in the error message, there will usually be a clue to which expression was not recognized.

Niklas
Hi Ramadas, 6250 = Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. This usually means that you have an unknown funcion or expression in some of your material parameters or boundary conditions. If you click "Show details" in the error message, there will usually be a clue to which expression was not recognized. Niklas

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 27, 2009, 8:15 p.m. EST
Hi,Niklas,

Thanks for the clue. I checked the 'Show details'. It is in the attched file. It is not clear which is the problem function. Could you have a look at it

Regards
Ramadas
Hi,Niklas, Thanks for the clue. I checked the 'Show details'. It is in the attched file. It is not clear which is the problem function. Could you have a look at it Regards Ramadas

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2009, 3:15 a.m. EST
Hi

If you tell us a little more about what you are doing you will get a better help. Just by giving in wich application mode you operate is a good clue, therefore I suggest that we all should start our calls with a [V3.5a smsld] or whatever version and application mode(s) we use, and have this in the Subject field, it would then ease the sorting for later too.

Back to your issue, if you are playing with Navier Stockes, one error we often do is to have 2 dependent variables p & T, but we define clearly ony one (T) and forget about "p" the pressure. Often to set it at one place is enough to solve the system (but sometimes we give it also at two places with different values even if physics does not allow it, typos are so quickly done ;)

good luck
Ivar
Hi If you tell us a little more about what you are doing you will get a better help. Just by giving in wich application mode you operate is a good clue, therefore I suggest that we all should start our calls with a [V3.5a smsld] or whatever version and application mode(s) we use, and have this in the Subject field, it would then ease the sorting for later too. Back to your issue, if you are playing with Navier Stockes, one error we often do is to have 2 dependent variables p & T, but we define clearly ony one (T) and forget about "p" the pressure. Often to set it at one place is enough to solve the system (but sometimes we give it also at two places with different values even if physics does not allow it, typos are so quickly done ;) good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2009, 4:19 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for reply. To tell more about the problem, I have attached the model file.It has 2 subdomins, 1 with convection and conduction , other with convection and diffussion. There is no parameter denoted with p. It shows error with p.

Thanking you once again

Ramadas
Hi Ivar, Thanks for reply. To tell more about the problem, I have attached the model file.It has 2 subdomins, 1 with convection and conduction , other with convection and diffussion. There is no parameter denoted with p. It shows error with p. Thanking you once again Ramadas

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 19, 2009, 8:13 a.m. EST
Hello everybody,

I'm new to Comsol. I want to simulate just a really simple system.

I took a 2D-Square filled with air, and a 2D-"Cylinder" with a teflon wall and filled with water. I used the general heat transfer modul.It works with water as 2D-Square-Material but not with air.
I get the same error message:
Error 6250, Failed to evaluate variabel Jacobian
- Variable: p
- Geometry: 1
- Subdomain: 1

When I take a look at the subdomain-setting, the density-line is showed in red. When I enter a numerical ratio, I get the same Error-Message. So I tried to build just a sqaure filled with air and I got the same problem.

I think it is a problem with gaseous materials, because I got the same problem with nitrogen.
Is it a problem with the materials library or simply with gaseous materials?

Thanks for your help.

Timo
Hello everybody, I'm new to Comsol. I want to simulate just a really simple system. I took a 2D-Square filled with air, and a 2D-"Cylinder" with a teflon wall and filled with water. I used the general heat transfer modul.It works with water as 2D-Square-Material but not with air. I get the same error message: Error 6250, Failed to evaluate variabel Jacobian - Variable: p - Geometry: 1 - Subdomain: 1 When I take a look at the subdomain-setting, the density-line is showed in red. When I enter a numerical ratio, I get the same Error-Message. So I tried to build just a sqaure filled with air and I got the same problem. I think it is a problem with gaseous materials, because I got the same problem with nitrogen. Is it a problem with the materials library or simply with gaseous materials? Thanks for your help. Timo

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 1, 2011, 3:26 a.m. EDT
Failed to evaluate variable jacobian
- Variable: u
- Geometry: 1
- Dimension: 2
- Domain group: {1}

What could this error mean? I use u only when i have to couple general HT with Weakly Compressible NS. Version is 3.4.
Failed to evaluate variable jacobian - Variable: u - Geometry: 1 - Dimension: 2 - Domain group: {1} What could this error mean? I use u only when i have to couple general HT with Weakly Compressible NS. Version is 3.4.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 1, 2011, 3:28 a.m. EDT
Did you figure out how to do it? If yes, please let me also know!
Did you figure out how to do it? If yes, please let me also know!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.