Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol in Ubuntu 18.04 always crashes after clicking Compute button in Study.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The issue happens even with very simple models, for example Heat Transfer by Free Convection. I can open files files, look at the results, but if I choose click Study, then click Compute, Comsol after few seconds crashes with the following error:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f41883939e9, pid=32753, tid=0x00007f40cabef700

JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_112-b15) (build 1.8.0_112-b15) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.112-b15 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame: C [libcsarray.so+0x2f39e9] NodeMaker::reset(bool)+0x89 ...

5.2a also crashes in similar way, but problematic frame is different ("C [libcsxmesh.so+0x5484c4]").

I have NVidia GTX 770, 32 GiB RAM and CPU Intel Xeon X3460.

Did Comsol work for someone in earlier version of Ubuntu? Did anyone was able to run Comsol in Ubuntu 18.04?

0 Replies Last Post Jul 15, 2018, 10:51 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Boris Chernov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.