Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implementation of Topology Optimization in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to implement this paper "Topology Optimization by a time-dependent diffusion equation" in Comsol (See my attached Comsol model). The author implemented everything in Comsol (Page 812-816 of the attached paper). But I have some challenges. I could not locate where to specify shape (page 813), dweak (page 814). Also, I specified the "Global expressions" (Table A.2, page 814) and "Subdomain integration coupling variables" (Table A.3, page 814) in Parameters but some of them came up in red. Please, can someone helped me take a look at my model and page 812-816 of the paper, kindly help me make necessary corrections or let me know what I need to correct? Thank you so much

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2018, 5:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samuel Ayinde

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.