Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3.5a paradiso out of core memory issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm not able to use the paradiso out of core solver due to some strange memory issue.

I CAN solve the model with the exact same amount of DOFs with just the paradiso solver, but when I attempt to use the OOC solver I get this error:

Error 7255
Out of memory during out of core LU factorization.

I've set the "in core memory" to my maximum system memory (~8 gigs), I've tried setting it to half my memory, and I've even tried setting it to something absurd like "999999999999" and it continues to error. Aslo reduced the block size all the way to 10, as well as setting it to "auto", and still nothing. What am I missing? I'm using 64 bit linux, ext4 filesystem. Seems like some filesize or storage error but checking 'ulimit -a' basically everything is set to unlimited and I have plenty of disk space.

The OOC solver DOES work when I attempt to use it on a much, much, MUCH smaller mesh/# DOFs, but what's the point when I might as well just use the vanilla paradiso solver then?

Thanks in advance, this is driving me insane!

0 Replies Last Post May 6, 2011, 5:54 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robert Pickle

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.