Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple Question: How to get a 3D view

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have got version 4.1 and I need it for my bachelor thesis so I did the Tutorial "Building a model"
www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/introduction/page8/
and now I need to get from Step 8 to step 9.
The problem is that the camera doesn't turn to 3D (just 2D as Picture 7) in so I can't choose the planar face "ext1"!

I tried to create a new view but it didn't work!

Hop you can help me!

2 Replies Last Post May 6, 2011, 10:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 1:50 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you found out ? normally the 2D 3D switches automatically when you mouve to the different nodes in the geometry tree, if you see a 2D that is you are working in a workplane, waiting for an extrusion into 3D

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you found out ? normally the 2D 3D switches automatically when you mouve to the different nodes in the geometry tree, if you see a 2D that is you are working in a workplane, waiting for an extrusion into 3D -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 10:56 a.m. EDT
Thanks for the answer!
Now I know that I did it right, and I saw that the openGL mode doesn't run properly. So when running in software mode everything is fine!
Thanks for the answer! Now I know that I did it right, and I saw that the openGL mode doesn't run properly. So when running in software mode everything is fine!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.