Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deviations from calculations-simulation-tests

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

How exactly match the calculated values with simulated as well as determined by tests? I am particularly interested in values of magnetism, respectively magnetic fields of permanent magnets.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post May 5, 2011, 8:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 5, 2011, 8:56 a.m. EDT
Hi

I would sa there is no defintive answer.

You can get within a few percent (then mostly I'm happy), if you leave your supercomputer run longer within a few ppm.

But this applies only to the equivalence of your model to the results of this simplfied model.

If you are ignoring a full physicsal branch taking place for your measured values, then you may be >100% off too ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would sa there is no defintive answer. You can get within a few percent (then mostly I'm happy), if you leave your supercomputer run longer within a few ppm. But this applies only to the equivalence of your model to the results of this simplfied model. If you are ignoring a full physicsal branch taking place for your measured values, then you may be >100% off too ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.