Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ParametricSweep WITH AdaptiveMesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I solve the temperature in a rectangle, with temperature given on the boudaries. The temperature T(x,y) is solved with "Adaptive Mesh Refinement". Then, many rectangles with different "Heigth" are solved with a "Parametric Sweep".

The problem is that the solutions stored are the solution with the initial mesh of each geometrie, but i cant find the solution obtained with the adapted mesh for those geometrie.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to store the "adapted mesh" result, for each geometrie of the parametric sweep ?

I joined the .mph.

Thank you.

--
----------------
Université Laval

3 Replies Last Post May 5, 2011, 10:37 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 4, 2011, 4:31 p.m. EDT
I would like to know if someone have any idea about the subject before I surrender this thread.

thank you.

----------------
Université Laval
I would like to know if someone have any idea about the subject before I surrender this thread. thank you. ---------------- Université Laval

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 5, 2011, 9:04 a.m. EDT
Hi

it's a tricky issue, havent played that way, but I do understand your logic, have you tried support ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's a tricky issue, havent played that way, but I do understand your logic, have you tried support ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 5, 2011, 10:37 a.m. EDT

I got an answer from support; it is not yet possible to combine both.

"Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to combine adaptive mesh
refinement with parametric sweep. This is a feature that we are looking at
implementing. However, it is not yet certain which release it will be in."

I'm glad they are looking at it at least.

----------------
Université Laval
I got an answer from support; it is not yet possible to combine both. "Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to combine adaptive mesh refinement with parametric sweep. This is a feature that we are looking at implementing. However, it is not yet certain which release it will be in." I'm glad they are looking at it at least. ---------------- Université Laval

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.