Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling between "Laminar flow" and "Heat transfer"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dearl all,

I´ve used Comsol version 4.4 for generation of a electric field distribution coupled with temperature (heat transfer) and fluid dynamic (laminar flow) in a coaxial treatment chamber for liquid sterilization purposes. A electric pulse is applied on two electrodes of the treatment chamber.

The difference between average temperature in the treatment chamber after electric pulse application with CFD and without CFD physic is too low (lower than 0.02 degC) and I´m not sure that the physic "Laminar flow" is really coupled with "heat transfer". I already checked all properties of the liquid and they are ok.

It is attached the mph file.

Coud someone help me?

Best regards

Eduardo

1 Reply Last Post May 9, 2018, 5:23 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago May 9, 2018, 5:23 a.m. EDT

Dear Eduardo Araujo,

You have to use heat transfer in fluid flow instead of solids. For more accurate solution, if you want to include solids (aluminum in your case) then you have to relook into convective heat transfer. Hope this helps you.

Regards, Ismail Hussain

Dear Eduardo Araujo, You have to use heat transfer in fluid flow instead of solids. For more accurate solution, if you want to include solids (aluminum in your case) then you have to relook into convective heat transfer. Hope this helps you. Regards, Ismail Hussain

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.