Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transient heat transfer. Electric circuit with magnetic field ????

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem with my model, which is a flyback converter. I initially solved the transformer model, using electric circuit and magnetic field under transient analysis. The model is boundary pulse voltage excited. I got the results after reaching cvasistationary condition. Now I am trying to simulate transient heat transfer (ht in solids). I've put the bc accordingly, the heat source being the Joule heating for the the coils, and natural convection for external bc, the base being insulated. I also try to get the initial values from the previous study (I defined another Time dependent study for ht). The problem is that it doesn't work, it stated something about undefined value of comp1.T, which should be something about not defining correctly a bc in ht interface, I solved this part, but then I get something about undefined comp1.cir.pulse, which should be something related to the pulse voltage of the electric circuit, right? I don't think that the heat transfer interface should be coupled with the electric current (as I saw in the application library models) or should it be? Does anyone have an ideea of what the issue might be? Please help !!!
Thank you in advanced!

1 Reply Last Post Mar 29, 2018, 8:09 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 8:09 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 8:12 a.m. EDT

Sould I add in the same study all the interfaces? Like magnetic field, electric circuit and heat transfer? I tried this one, but still doesn't work .... or to solve the model all over again, including Coil geometry analysis as step1? also tried this ....

Sould I add in the same study all the interfaces? Like magnetic field, electric circuit and heat transfer? I tried this one, but still doesn't work .... or to solve the model all over again, including Coil geometry analysis as step1? also tried this ....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.