Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of semiconductor electric potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
Now I am simulating of electric potential. Simply I will solve Poisson equation in different medium. Support I have two medium and they are connected. So there is a interior boundary condition at the junction. There are charges in this junction so I have the Neumann boundary condition like this: D1-D2=ro. I think this is a discontinuous boundary condition. In my model, the space charge density is a function of electric potential V, which means this is a nonlinear Poisson equation. I select the general PDEs to solve this model, but the problem is that how to set the discontinuous boundary condition in the junction: D1-D2=ro.
I look for the USR ´S GUIDE, there are some words on PAGE 477 describe this, but the problem is that I really do not know how to set this discontinuous conditions.
Also in ACDC MODUL >electrostatics, I can set this discontinuous boundary condition, but the other problem is that I can only set space charge density as a constant, but can not set it as a function of electric potential V
I am using COMSOL 4.0
Thanks,
Yan

2 Replies Last Post Jan 26, 2017, 9:12 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello rui 王

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 21, 2017, 7:23 a.m. EST
Hi,
Do you solve the problem now? I am learning Comsol and meet a similar problem. Could you offer some suggestions?
Thank you

Gaotian Lu
Hi, Do you solve the problem now? I am learning Comsol and meet a similar problem. Could you offer some suggestions? Thank you Gaotian Lu

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 26, 2017, 9:12 a.m. EST
Hello,
Discontinuous conditions on internal boundaries can in fact be modeled with COMSOL. Depending on the particular physics you are modeling and which products your license includes, such internal boundary conditions may be ready right out of the box or require a bit more work to set up.
A tutorial that shows how to "manually" set up a discontinuous internal boundary condition is found here:
www.comsol.com/model/separation-through-dialysis-258
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello, Discontinuous conditions on internal boundaries can in fact be modeled with COMSOL. Depending on the particular physics you are modeling and which products your license includes, such internal boundary conditions may be ready right out of the box or require a bit more work to set up. A tutorial that shows how to "manually" set up a discontinuous internal boundary condition is found here: https://www.comsol.com/model/separation-through-dialysis-258 Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.