Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling of stranded conductor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo, I am trying to model and simulate a stranded conductor (4 Strands) with rectangular cross-section and the model is built 2D axisymmetric.

As excitation, I have define a single turn coil (option coil group not choosen) and gave it to all 4 strands. However, the result is not like I expected.

Can anyone tell me whether this current distribution is correct? The line graph is the current density on the line which is drawn through the middle of the conductor.

It would be much better if someone could give me a finished model of a stranded conductor no matter round wire or rectangular wire, so that I can compare it with my model.

Thank you very much!

1 Reply Last Post Feb 1, 2018, 9:40 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 1, 2018, 9:40 a.m. EST

I have also tried to give each strand a single turn coil and the current distribution looks like this in this case. I am not sure which is correct.

I have also tried to give each strand a single turn coil and the current distribution looks like this in this case. I am not sure which is correct.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.