Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL won't change the mesh resolution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I followed a youtube tutorial to create a point dipole step-by-step. However, when I tried to create the mesh, it creates only four triangles at normal resolution. Even if I change the resolution to fine, or extra fine, it does not change the meshgrid.

Thanks in advance, Zahed

2 Replies Last Post Jan 11, 2018, 12:46 p.m. EST
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 11, 2018, 2:34 a.m. EST

Hi,

That's because the model uses a physics-controlled mesh (see the Sequence type list in the Mesh node's Settings window). A physics-controlled mesh for electromagnetic waves sets the mesh size to resolve the wavelength. For the frequency-domain analysis in this model, the frequency is set to 10 GHz, which corresponds to a wavelength that far exceeds the dimension of the geometry in the model (10x10 micrometers). You can get a fine mesh by switching to a user-defined mesh or by increasing the frequency by several orders of magnitude.

Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi, That's because the model uses a physics-controlled mesh (see the **Sequence type** list in the **Mesh** node's **Settings** window). A physics-controlled mesh for electromagnetic waves sets the mesh size to resolve the wavelength. For the frequency-domain analysis in this model, the frequency is set to 10 GHz, which corresponds to a wavelength that far exceeds the dimension of the geometry in the model (10x10 micrometers). You can get a fine mesh by switching to a user-defined mesh or by increasing the frequency by several orders of magnitude. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 11, 2018, 12:46 p.m. EST

Hi, Thanks alot for your quick reply. Its clear now :)

Hi, Thanks alot for your quick reply. Its clear now :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.