Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I get non-symmetric results for symmetric inputs in symmetric structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to simulate structure from the picture. It is NOR logic gate based on photonic crystals. A and B are inputs, C is probe and it is always 'on', and D is output. Problem is when I put scattering boundary condition so that I could have wave on my inputs, I am getting non symmetric results for perfectly symmetric stucture and inputs (both mesh and structure are symmetric, I checked). I get different output when I have '01' and '10' inputs (and I definitely should get the same).

I think it could be some problem in this scattering boundary condtion, but I have no idea why this is happening. Is it possible to be problem in this boundary conditions, or should I use something else to simulate input waves?

1 Reply Last Post Jan 8, 2018, 5:09 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 8, 2018, 5:09 a.m. EST
Updated: 6 years ago Jan 8, 2018, 5:10 a.m. EST

Addition: I just tried to get results from this paper, and I didn't succeed. So it is not problem in structure, but only in COMSOL. I probably did something wrong in boundary conditions in COMSOL.

Addition: I just tried to get results from this paper, and I didn't succeed. So it is not problem in structure, but only in COMSOL. I probably did something wrong in boundary conditions in COMSOL.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.