Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

64 pipes in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I've been trying to mesh 64 little straight pipes with comsol 4.1. The pipes are surrounded by air and they produce 64 different heats. My problem is when I use the comsol default meshing (physics dependent) there is an error, so I changed my way and try to mesh the pipes by using the Free triangular and sweept tools. I've get good results for the pipes however when I try to mesh the surrounding air a new error happens.
Any idea about how to mesh this problem?
Thank you in advance.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 31, 2011, 4:19 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 29, 2011, 3:36 p.m. EDT
Hi

is the air a cylinder ? if so, have you tried to mesh the pipes and the air in one go (sweep) ?

Or I can suggest that you divide the tube lengths by an equal number of elements along the cut line, to have/help the mesh sweep along the full geometry in a continuous way

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi is the air a cylinder ? if so, have you tried to mesh the pipes and the air in one go (sweep) ? Or I can suggest that you divide the tube lengths by an equal number of elements along the cut line, to have/help the mesh sweep along the full geometry in a continuous way -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 31, 2011, 4:19 a.m. EDT
Hi.
Good idea!!
Thank you!
Hi. Good idea!! Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.