Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Arfificail Diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate fluid flow in a 3-D pipe. I would like to add Isotropic diffusion into my simulation.

I am not able to find out how this can be done in COMSOL 4.1.

If anyone has a tutorial which illustrates how artificial diffusion can be adopted, please let me know.
or
If you can explain me how the diffusion can be added, it would be much aapreciated.

Regards
Nash

1 Reply Last Post Mar 30, 2011, 4:26 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2011, 4:26 p.m. EDT

Hi,

I am trying to simulate fluid flow in a 3-D pipe. I would like to add Isotropic diffusion into my simulation.

I am not able to find out how this can be done in COMSOL 4.1.

If anyone has a tutorial which illustrates how artificial diffusion can be adopted, please let me know.
or
If you can explain me how the diffusion can be added, it would be much aapreciated.

Regards
Nash

You have to enable the extended view of the comsol interface, then you will see an option probably.

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1
[QUOTE] Hi, I am trying to simulate fluid flow in a 3-D pipe. I would like to add Isotropic diffusion into my simulation. I am not able to find out how this can be done in COMSOL 4.1. If anyone has a tutorial which illustrates how artificial diffusion can be adopted, please let me know. or If you can explain me how the diffusion can be added, it would be much aapreciated. Regards Nash [/QUOTE] You have to enable the extended view of the comsol interface, then you will see an option probably. -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.