Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interaction between objects in contact with set magnetisations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am a new user and have been trying to simulate two objects that are in contact with each other that will have a magnetisation related to each of them using the magnetic fields, no currents (mfnc) physics module. Both objects are located in a larger block of air.

I've noticed that when I set the magnetix flux conservation, magnetic field to magnetisation for both of them, there seems to be no interaction between either (using the stationary solver). Conversely, if only one is set for the magnetic field to be reliant upon magnetisation, and the other relative permeability, there is some interaction observed. Is it possible for a user to set the initial magnetisation for both and have them interact with one another as well?

And if so, are there any tutorials out there that I may refer to? Many thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 21, 2017, 11:58 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhaoyuan Leong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.