Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need some tip/tricks to improve solution accuracy-Deformed mesh (ALE) Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am working with ALE-moving mesh along with two Pde's. I am getting 1-3% mass balance error right now and i want to improve the solution accuracy. My model consists of several subdomains with different order of magnitudes (two domains are 3 order smaller in magnitude when compared to the others).

I used different kind of meshing (interactive meshing where i used refined mesh in thin layers and coarse mesh in thick layers) and a good (refined) global mesh but nothing is really improving accuracy. I used smaller values for relative tolerance and absolute tolerance to solve equations accurately but still i am unable minimize error percentage.

So, I would be very happy to hear some steps/tips to improve my solution accuracy...

Thank you,

Manohar

2 Replies Last Post Mar 30, 2011, 5:56 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2011, 4:29 p.m. EDT

Hi all,

I am working with ALE-moving mesh along with two Pde's. I am getting 1-3% mass balance error right now and i want to improve the solution accuracy. My model consists of several subdomains with different order of magnitudes (two domains are 3 order smaller in magnitude when compared to the others).

I used different kind of meshing (interactive meshing where i used refined mesh in thin layers and coarse mesh in thick layers) and a good (refined) global mesh but nothing is really improving accuracy. I used smaller values for relative tolerance and absolute tolerance to solve equations accurately but still i am unable minimize error percentage.

So, I would be very happy to hear some steps/tips to improve my solution accuracy...

Thank you,

Manohar

How do you calculate this "1-3% mass balance error"?

Danial

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1
[QUOTE] Hi all, I am working with ALE-moving mesh along with two Pde's. I am getting 1-3% mass balance error right now and i want to improve the solution accuracy. My model consists of several subdomains with different order of magnitudes (two domains are 3 order smaller in magnitude when compared to the others). I used different kind of meshing (interactive meshing where i used refined mesh in thin layers and coarse mesh in thick layers) and a good (refined) global mesh but nothing is really improving accuracy. I used smaller values for relative tolerance and absolute tolerance to solve equations accurately but still i am unable minimize error percentage. So, I would be very happy to hear some steps/tips to improve my solution accuracy... Thank you, Manohar [/QUOTE] How do you calculate this "1-3% mass balance error"? Danial -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2011, 5:56 p.m. EDT
Using Subdomain integration feature in ALE moving frame...
Using Subdomain integration feature in ALE moving frame...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.