Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Parametric Sweep Solutions as Columns in Single File

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I am using the solid mechanics module to analyse the deformation on a surface due to a boundary load from a 'point' source (a Mogi model), with a stationary solver. Please see attached file.

I can create a plot of the values of an expression at set intervals along the surface - in this case using an Edge 2D data set, and the w expression (displacement field, Z component). I can export this data fine, however I encounter problems when I carry out a parametric sweep - as I cannot export the data as I would like.

I can very any of my parameters using the sweep, and produce the same plot as before (but with data pertaining to each stage of the sweep). However, when I come to export this Edge 2D data set with the Parametric solutions selected, I can only export one parameter value at a time.

I am looking to export all of my parameter values at set intervals along the surface, in separate columns - such that I can inspect/compare them and import the data into other programs with ease.

Is there a way to do this? Am I using the wrong approach?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

3 Replies Last Post Jan 3, 2018, 3:38 a.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 31, 2017, 3:29 a.m. EDT

Hi Matthew,

This isn't possible in 5.2a, but it has been implemented in 5.3, so I suggest that you upgrade to 5.3

Hi Matthew, This isn't possible in 5.2a, but it has been implemented in 5.3, so I suggest that you upgrade to 5.3

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 2, 2018, 8:56 p.m. EST

Hi Matthew,

This isn't possible in 5.2a, but it has been implemented in 5.3, so I suggest that you upgrade to 5.3

I tried with 5.3 and nothing changes. Can you please explain how export plot?

Thank you.

>Hi Matthew, > >This isn't possible in 5.2a, but it has been implemented in 5.3, so I suggest that you upgrade to 5.3 I tried with 5.3 and nothing changes. Can you please explain how export plot? Thank you.

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 3, 2018, 3:38 a.m. EST
Updated: 6 years ago Jan 3, 2018, 3:39 a.m. EST

Hi Matthew,

I tried with 5.3 and nothing changes. Can you please explain how export plot?

Thank you.

That's strange. The following steps work for me:

• Start 5.3.0.223.

• Open the BasicBenchmark.mph model that Matthew attached.

• Compute Study 1.

• Select Results > Export > Data 1.

• Change the selection in the Parameter values (d,a,P,Pois) list to all tuples.

• Browse to a filename.

• Export.

Maybe your use case differs from Matthew's.

>>Hi Matthew, >> >>This isn't possible in 5.2a, but it has been implemented in 5.3, so I suggest that you upgrade to 5.3 > >I tried with 5.3 and nothing changes. Can you please explain how export plot? > >Thank you. That's strange. The following steps work for me: - Start 5.3.0.223. - Open the BasicBenchmark.mph model that Matthew attached. - Compute Study 1. - Select Results > Export > Data 1. - Change the selection in the Parameter values (d,a,P,Pois) list to all tuples. - Browse to a filename. - Export. Maybe your use case differs from Matthew's.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.