Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

piezo transducer simulation in acoustic medium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to ask some questions for piezo transducer simulation in acoustic medium.

Question 1: Acoustics wave propagation: In frequency domain Perfectly match layer (PML) is used to avoid reflections of acoustic waves from boundaries. What alternative can be used for transient analyses.

Question 2: Acoustics wave propagation: In frequency domain, Linear elastic model with attenuation (fluid model) is available in pressure acoustic model. But for transient analyses, only Linear elastic model (fluid model) is available in pressure acoustic model. What can I do to add attenuation in the transient analyses.

Question 3: Step size for frequency sweep: The mesh resolution for wave propagation problems should be approx. 10 elements per wavelength. I want to simulate my model from 0 to 60 MHz. I used the frequency dependent mesh and it works. Would you let me know what is the criteria on the step size of frequency sweep from 0 to 60 MHz. I mean how long can a step be taken in order to get a good resolution.

Question 4: Step size for time: What is the criteria for time step, if transient analysis needs to be performed for acoustic wave propagation.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 22, 2011, 10:32 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello User COMSOL

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.