Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pit Heat Storage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I´m working on a Pit Heat Storage in COMSOL. I´m still new at COMSOL and have quite a lot of problems to solve. The most important topics are the following. Maybe anybody can help me? The file of my model is attached.

General information: - I want to simulate one year - 8760 hours - I generated functions for "ambient temperatur" and "flow inlet" which have one value for each hour of the year - The pit heat Storage has different layers - at the moment that´s not important so I made every layer 2 m wide - the materials a placeholders at the moment - For the 2 Inlets and 2 Outlets I want to simulate a radial diffusor

Questions: - How can I connect the function of the inlet flow with tha boundaries of the radial diffusor that i draw?

• How can I connect the ambient temperatur funtion to the "air"-domain? My goal is to have the repective temperature value for the simulation for each hour

Thanks for your help!

Alessandro

0 Replies Last Post Oct 20, 2017, 5:30 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alessandro Hülser

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.