Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

stimulated absorption and emission

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a MQW GaN LED which works well. Now I want to do VCSEL based on that device.

Problem occurs when I start to set optical transitions -> stimulated absorption and emission. DBRs has not been added to my LED, I mean, I just wanna check if the LED works if I add the stimulated emission in optical transitions.

I checked that box and entered refractive index (n) and extinction coefficient (k) for all materials. As for the excitation frequency, I tried "from study" and "user-defined", but there is always a problem. That problem also occurs in the tutorial example provided in library gan-double-heterostructure-led.mph if I add the stimulated absorption and emission directly.

Undefined variable. - Variable: freq - Geometry: geom1 - Domains: 1, 7, 13 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.semi.ot1.f0 - Defined as: freq Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.semi.ot1.omega0 - Defined as: (pi(2unitradcf))comp1.semi.ot1.f0 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.semi.ot1.E1ve0 - Defined as: comp1.semi.ot1.Eve-((comp1.semi.ot1.mrstar((hbarconstcomp1.semi.ot1.omega0)-comp1.semi.ot1.Ege))/comp1.semi.ot1.mhstar) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.semi.ot1.fv0 - Defined as: 1/(1+exp((comp1.semi.ot1.E1ve0-comp1.semi.Efpe)/(comp1.semi.TlkBconst))) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.semi.ot1.Gstim - Defined as: (((comp1.semi.ot1.fv0-comp1.semi.ot1.fc0)((2pi)comp1.semi.ot1.Havsquaredomega0))comp1.semi.ot1.gred0)/hbarconst Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: dvol(comp1.semi.ot1.Gstim(-econst)) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: (-econstcomp1.semi.ot1.Gstimtest(comp1.Ne))(dvol)

0 Replies Last Post Oct 15, 2017, 3:14 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chen Gong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.