Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with viscosity equation in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all I want to simulate (nanopartilce+polymer) species transport in subsurface. I am using two physcis "Transport of diluted species in porous media" and "Darcy Law". There are two studies : Steady state and transient. I have following equation: (vis_sol) = xpoly* log(vis_poly) + xnano* log(vis_nano) + log(vis_water) (equation1)

Here, vis_sol= solution viscosity, vis_poly=polymer viscosity, vis_nano=nano partcile viscosity, vis_water= water viscosity, xpoly = mole of polymer/mole of water [molar fraction] xnano=mole of nanoprtcile/mole of water [molar fraction]

At first I knew vis sol, xpoly, xnano, vis_nano, vis_water. Then I found vis_poly from patameter section. I then used vis_poly in the same equation (equation 1) to find vis_sol in variable section [because this vis_sol is different from lab as it is in subsurface]

Unfortunately, the both steady state and transient model shows error. I know it is due to using one equation for two times but I hope there is a solution. Could any one please help me to find a way out? Thanks Asad

0 Replies Last Post Oct 14, 2017, 9:02 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md. Abdullah Asad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.