Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

question about the obstacle in a wind channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to find the air flow around the obstabcle in the wind channel, find the surronding velosity but there is some error.
Please help me remove this error

Thank you!

Best regards

Kehui Chen

4 Replies Last Post Mar 22, 2011, 11:11 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2011, 6:24 p.m. EDT
Have you created a solid windtunnel? Is it the wing-like object in the middle that you want to model in a freestream?
In that case make a solid cube around the object, set the cube to air, the object to your chosen material and select two sides of the cube as inlet and outlet.

Have you created a solid windtunnel? Is it the wing-like object in the middle that you want to model in a freestream? In that case make a solid cube around the object, set the cube to air, the object to your chosen material and select two sides of the cube as inlet and outlet.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 21, 2011, 3:56 p.m. EDT
YES, I want to model a wing-like object in the middle. I use the weakly compressible Navier- Stokes Module, and I made a solid cube around it and the inlet pressure is 0.2MPa and the outlet pressure is 0.1MPa, but when compute, there are some errors.

Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression
- Expression: d(((Lentr_chns*((-2*eta_chns*uTx+p)*test(uTx)-eta_chns*(uTy+vTx)*test(uTy)-eta_chns*(uTz+wTx)*test(uTz))-Pinl_chns*nx_chns*test(u)-h^2*(Lentr_chns*(pTx-eta_chns*(uTxx+uTyy+uTzz))+Pinl_chns*nx)*test(pTx)/(24*eta_chns))-(0))*(dvol),{test@1})

Failed to evaluate variable
- Variable: eta_chns
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 1

Stack trace:
at evaltree.cpp, row 866, ()
at xevalutil.cpp, row 2612, ()
at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femStatic(Native Method)
at com.femlab.solver.FemStatic.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)
Please help remove thse errors.

Best regards!

Kehui Chen
YES, I want to model a wing-like object in the middle. I use the weakly compressible Navier- Stokes Module, and I made a solid cube around it and the inlet pressure is 0.2MPa and the outlet pressure is 0.1MPa, but when compute, there are some errors. Exception: com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression Messages: Failed to evaluate expression - Expression: d(((Lentr_chns*((-2*eta_chns*uTx+p)*test(uTx)-eta_chns*(uTy+vTx)*test(uTy)-eta_chns*(uTz+wTx)*test(uTz))-Pinl_chns*nx_chns*test(u)-h^2*(Lentr_chns*(pTx-eta_chns*(uTxx+uTyy+uTzz))+Pinl_chns*nx)*test(pTx)/(24*eta_chns))-(0))*(dvol),{test@1}) Failed to evaluate variable - Variable: eta_chns - Geometry: 1 - Boundary: 1 Stack trace: at evaltree.cpp, row 866, () at xevalutil.cpp, row 2612, () at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femStatic(Native Method) at com.femlab.solver.FemStatic.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source) Please help remove thse errors. Best regards! Kehui Chen

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 22, 2011, 2:37 a.m. EDT
Hi

I suspect you are missing a material property

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suspect you are missing a material property -- Good luck Ivar

Zoran Vidakovic, COMSOL COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 22, 2011, 11:11 a.m. EDT
Hi Kehui

What you have imported are the solid bodies. So, you need actually the inverse geometry. Derive a domain for the fluid and apply the fluid flow physics there.
Checked model with v4.1...

Best regards,
Zoran
Hi Kehui What you have imported are the solid bodies. So, you need actually the inverse geometry. Derive a domain for the fluid and apply the fluid flow physics there. Checked model with v4.1... Best regards, Zoran

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.