Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Discretizing 3D model in comsol to generate the x, y and z coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 3D model in comsol. I want to get the x, y and z coordinates of the model. And I want to use the z coordinate as design variable. the ultimate goal is this: As I vary each of the z coordinates of the model, I want the topography of the model to change. How can I achieve this? Alternatively, how can I create points on the 3D model such that as I varies the z-coordinate of each of the points , the topography of the model associated with that point will also change? (From the attached model, if I change z coordinates, the topography does not change. The point only moves). Please, help me. Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 5, 2017, 11:31 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samuel Ayinde

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.