Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sub critical once through boiler analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol users,

For my thesis I have to do several experiments on a sub critical once through boiler set up. An important part of this study is to make an analytical model of the boiler.

I did work in the past with comsol but this was all on fluid dynamics not on heat transfer.

My question is wheter or not it is (fairly easy) possible to model a once through boiler in comsol, in such a way that water is going through a tube in one direction and hot air around the tube in the other direction. The important aspect here is that the water should first turn to saturated steam and then get superheated.

The output that I would need is the steam temperature, the steam pressure and the steam quality preferably over the time.

I hope someone could help because it would save me a lot of time!

Kind regards, Dennis

0 Replies Last Post Sep 27, 2017, 8:13 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis van den Broek

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.