Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error; how to interpret.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I've set up a multibody-model with contact, though when I open the model file, I get the following message:

Invalid property error: - Property: segcomp 'Selection' is an array of strings Variable component strings

My model runs fine as far as I can see, but I'm not comfortable with getting errors I don't know what means. Does anyone know what the error message refers to, or - in general - where / how to figure it out?

Thanks in advance!

Besr regards David

2 Replies Last Post Sep 25, 2017, 4:45 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 23, 2017, 1:56 a.m. EDT

Hi

Those type of errors are typically what I send to "support", if you have a maintenance contract, something I can only recommend for a FEM programme as complex as COMSOL. We, in our company, are getting excellent help via "support" for such often low level error messages. As the COMSOL developpers are the only really knowing how to interpreete these low level error messages. It looks like a Composed Selection issue. So I would start by going carefully through all the model nodes and double check the selections in particular (but I might be wrong), specially looking for yellow (units warning) or red entries, allthough I suspect this error will not flag itself with a color code.

Good luck Ivar

-------------------
Have fun COMSOLing,
Sincerely,
Ivar
Hi Those type of errors are typically what I send to "support", if you have a maintenance contract, something I can only recommend for a FEM programme as complex as COMSOL. We, in our company, are getting excellent help via "support" for such often low level error messages. As the COMSOL developpers are the only really knowing how to interpreete these low level error messages. It looks like a Composed Selection issue. So I would start by going carefully through all the model nodes and double check the selections in particular (but I might be wrong), specially looking for yellow (units warning) or red entries, allthough I suspect this error will not flag itself with a color code. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 25, 2017, 4:45 a.m. EDT

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your reply. I cannot find any red flags at the model nodes, so I've submitted the question to 'support'.

\David

Hi Ivar, Thank you for your reply. I cannot find any red flags at the model nodes, so I've submitted the question to 'support'. \David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.